Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Create A Festival V

1. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #141
    At the moment, I'm most proud of a booking that I would bet half of the board knows yet he only has 375 last.fm listeners.

2. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #142
    Grant Hart?

3. Posted in reply to fan o gano's post starting "At the moment, I'm most proud of a..." #143
    Quote Originally Posted by fan o gano View Post
    At the moment, I'm most proud of a booking that I would bet half of the board knows yet he only has 375 last.fm listeners.
    Yourself?

4. Posted in reply to fan o gano's post starting "At the moment, I'm most proud of a..." #144
    Supreme Being Krentistthedentist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fan o gano View Post
    I think i know this.
    muhfuckas neva loved us.

5. Posted in reply to StevieG's post starting "Yourself?" #145
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieG View Post
    Yourself?
    Nah, I only have 20. Had to check.

Also, in hindsight, maybe it's more like a quarter of the board. But it's a good quarter.

6. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #146
    okay i took yesterday off from create a fest, but hopefully i'm all caught up now with replying to people's questions and emails and such.

think i've gotten 6 undercard lists so far which is great. keep them coming people.
    Lollaboard Decades Project
    Discussion:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Voting:

7. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #147
    I'll get it done this weeknd.

Originally Posted by MadBird11
    Normally you have to have a post about valium being available in Oslo to bring threads like this back from the dead.

8. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #148
    My festival is completely done. Poster, schedule images, etc.
    "Hiding behind a swoop of fringe, your understated approach vacillates between low-dosage melancholy and dilettantish sensitivity. But you are not without your moments of charm, Lurking between your mix-and-match riffs is a tension that lacks focus but reverberates with a twinkle of confidence." - 5.6

9. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #149
    ugh. starting on phase 4: cost sheets.

worst and most tedious part of moderating this whole thing. will try and send them to people who have already turned in undercards by the end of the weekend. already sent yours niz.
    Discussion:

Voting:

10. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #150
    just finished the schedule for my fest, though i'm sure i'll tweak it a billion times in the next month. :/
    Discussion:

Voting:

11. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #151
    Ok, sent my lineup and financials FINALLY. Will work on the poster next. My schedules are all but completed already.

Normally you have to have a post about valium being available in Oslo to bring threads like this back from the dead.

12. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #152
    okay i think i've sent out cost sheets to all 9 fests that have turned in their undercards so far.

remember, those of you who haven't submitted undercard lineups, they're due saturday.
    Discussion:

Voting:

13. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #153
    Have a final research paper due Friday. Will be working on my band list all day Saturday.

Originally Posted by symbionese
    you're the pied piper of pedestrianism.

14. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #154
    Pretty much everything is ready to go but I'm waiting until my special surprise is finished.

15. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #155
    just a reminder to those who haven't submitted their undercard lineups yet: rcarr11, shoopydoggy2002, wiscostraightup, thissy, and k2. don't forget they're due saturday night, though i might forgive thissy if he's late since he just got back from coachella and all.
    Discussion:

Voting:

16. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #156
    D'aw thanks.

I'll do my best. Should be fine, assuming I don't get invited to something SUPERAWESOME Saturday afternoon/early evening.

So yeah it should be fine.

Is this supposed to be like dance music or something?

17. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #157
    full list submitted early this morning.

18. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post starting "other attractions at fest opti:..." #158
    new additions just announced to optifest,

already announced:
    Quote Originally Posted by fishkingpies View Post
    lana del rey & emma watson making out while meat is murder plays on the p.a. (friday headliner)
    burial dj-ing @ the bar
    butterfly mc'ing the main stage.
    grouper providing the ambiance between sets
    funny faces photo booth with joanna newsom
    black flag performing bitte orca.
    q&a with tom waits in the smokers lounge.
    portishead/d'angelo collab. condoms will be passed out during the set.
    they'll oppose an abstinence panel discussion with antony, moz & brad cox.
    victoria's secret runway show with anthony gonzalez as the only model
    david hamon and chevy chase oil wrestling
    spiritualized as house band playing 3 sets (acoustic mainlines, electric mainlines & lagwafis)
    hair-stylings with robert smith & greg nasty
    swans performing their entire discography.
    grandstands
    battle of the bands: brbr vs fan o
    smiths-only karaoke competition
    james blake performing the reminder
    dick measuring competition with michael fassbender
    bottling camera off-stage
    poetry readings by optifish
    kissing booth featuring pulpaffliction and bdbu. $50 per kiss for pulp, $.50 per kiss for bdbu
    david bowie handjobs
    beer tastings with driftwood; also possible impromptu kissing booth w/out the booth
    keira knightley says british things and pouts
    sunday mass with sufjan stevens
    natalie portman dancing swan lake while wearing bjork's swan dress
    jeff mangum reads the diary of anne frank while masturbating
    manny pacquiao & nizzle as security detail
    ridiculously upscale dining with symbionese
    shake paul tollett's hand
    also every attendee will be mailed a festival dvd directed by david lynch
    we are also proud to announce our saturday headliner:
    kevin shields will take over the mainstage saturday night where crowds will watch in awe as he records my bloody valentine lp3 for YOUR viewing please. over the course of his 3 hours set, he plans to shift the pitch of 30 seconds of feedback. astounding!

other new additions:
    brian wilson performing person pitch
    cat power vs ariel pink for best on-stage meltdown
    'how to (fake) dj' lessons with justice
    william basinski literally disintegrating fruit loops with a high-powered laser
    paul simon backed by vampire weekend (all in blackface)
    kim & thurston cordially invite you to attend their divorce party held at optifest
    nap time with sigur ros
    morgan freeman dies onstage
    sly stone
    kanye west performing for emma, forever ago
    avicii vs skrillex
    jandek performs/sings 'the national anthem'
    cooking lessons with lil b
    morning jogs with walterwhite and haruki murakami
    jennifer connelly reenacts her final scene from requiem for a dream
    #10 by the guess who, 10 by ll cool j, 10 by pearl jam, ten by clouddead and 10 by brian mcknight played over the p.a. simultaneously, zaireeka-style
    joanna newsom & beyonce performing big freedia's "azz everywhere"
    silent 'idioteque' with thom yorke

and of course gobot, the concertgoing robot will be around. so be on the lookout.

also balam acab will be livetweeting the entire fest all weekend for those of you who can't make it

+many more still to come
    Discussion:

Voting:

19. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post "Create A Festival V" #159
    Lolla God
    Bravo, lol.

20. Posted in reply to fishkingpies's post starting "new additions just announced to..." #160
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishkingpies View Post
    paul simon backed by vampire weekend (all in blackface)
    Made it this far before losing it.

Originally Posted by Thisismyname
    Embrace the two fingers.

It feels odd at first, but the benefits are worth it.