Page 200 of 206 FirstFirst ... 100150190198199200201202 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4112

Thread: Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread

1. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3981
    More or less, yes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by MadBird11
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Is this supposed to be like dance music or something?

2. Posted in reply to nikolajz1's post starting "No way Sabbath was replaced by..." #3982
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolajz1 View Post
    No way Sabbath was replaced by Dre....this project sounds like it took way to much time and planning. But that is insane for a 7 minute performance.
    My understanding is that Dre and Snoop were the replacement headliner for Sabbath.

3. Posted in reply to thombjorke.'s post starting "So apparently that Tupac hologram took..." #3983
    Quote Originally Posted by thombjorke. View Post
    So apparently that Tupac hologram took four months to make and cost $400,000.
    the quote i read stated that Dre had been thinking about it for a full year, but they started work on it four months before coachella... and that they weren't disclosing how much it cost but a comprable hologram would cost between $100,000 to $400,000
    "My cat is a big Kings of Leon fan. She has horrible fucking taste in music."~wrecked
    "i hope symbionese is at this"~4rhino4wing
    "thomas kinkade. fuck that guy."~illiniemags
    "If Donna Summer and the postmaster general were both drowning, and I only had one lifejacket to throw to them, I'd throw it to Donna."~nanatod

4. Posted in reply to ferro_man's post starting "the quote i read stated that Dre had..." #3984
    Quote Originally Posted by ferro_man View Post
    the quote i read stated that Dre had been thinking about it for a full year, but they started work on it four months before coachella... and that they weren't disclosing how much it cost but a comprable hologram would cost between $100,000 to $400,000
    It sounds like we'll find out more details about it after Coachella 2.

Originally Posted by symbionese
    you're the pied piper of pedestrianism.

5. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3985
    Why the hell is CNN saying it cost $10 million then?

6. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3986
    Coachella was amazing. Im sorry I missed arbee and buzz and pulp.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    Adjective, or verb, often used to describe people with swagger. If you are getting ratchet, it means you are doing something crazy. People who get ratchet would typically have swagger as well. Also, you can be ratchet. Anybody associated with getting ratchet or being ratchet probably knows a thing or two about havin a good time.
    were gettin' ratchet this weekend. im so ratchet. let's get ratchet

7. Posted in reply to KevBlu42's post starting "Why the hell is CNN saying it cost $10..." #3987
    And im really glad I picked up leyser best guy.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    Adjective, or verb, often used to describe people with swagger. If you are getting ratchet, it means you are doing something crazy. People who get ratchet would typically have swagger as well. Also, you can be ratchet. Anybody associated with getting ratchet or being ratchet probably knows a thing or two about havin a good time.
    were gettin' ratchet this weekend. im so ratchet. let's get ratchet

8. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3988
    Nik where did you end up for Dre and Snoop?

9. Posted in reply to KevBlu42's post starting "Why the hell is CNN saying it cost $10..." #3989
    Quote Originally Posted by KevBlu42 View Post
    Why the hell is CNN saying it cost $10 million then?
    don't know

here's my source for the 100 to 400k info
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/168...oachella.jhtml

and here is the other link i was looking for
    http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...n-future-tours

"Dr. Dre and his production team approached Digital Domain a year ago to see whether it was possible to create a hologram of Tupac like the one that performed on Sunday"
    "My cat is a big Kings of Leon fan. She has horrible fucking taste in music."~wrecked
    "i hope symbionese is at this"~4rhino4wing
    "thomas kinkade. fuck that guy."~illiniemags
    "If Donna Summer and the postmaster general were both drowning, and I only had one lifejacket to throw to them, I'd throw it to Donna."~nanatod

10. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3990
    No way it cost $10 million. With that money, they could probably actually get the Smiths to reunite.

Originally Posted by symbionese
    you're the pied piper of pedestrianism.

11. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3991
    Catching up on some sets I missed today. Real Estate was pretty fucking great.
    GFYS

12. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3992
    srsly...

<3
    GFYS

13. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3993
    The Gobi was really crowded for their set, so Wretched and I ended up going to the beer garden since they will be playing Pitchfork anyway.

14. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3994

15. Posted in reply to ed gein's post starting "http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/t..." #3995
    Tickets for that are going to be like a million dollars

16. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3996
    Supreme Being
    Eh it'll probably be like $60 for shitty United Center seats and they'll be selling on the secondary market for like $30 after a relatively quick sell-out.

17. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3997
    Though the virtual Tupac has been widely described as a hologram, it is in fact a 2D image projected to appear as a 3D effect. To achieve this, a digital image of the Tupac animation was projected onto a reflective surface on the floor of the stage, which then bounced on to a piece of Mylar that reflects the image while appearing otherwise clear. When Snoop Dogg appeared to be rapping along with Tupac, he was standing behind the Mylar screen.
    BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. Told you it was Pepper's Ghost, Thissy.

1910s parlor tricks for the win.
    "I grew up in the juggling world."
    "Let's just agree that kids are basically G.G. Allin and move on with this already."

18. Posted in reply to alady's post starting "lolololololololololololollolololololllol..." #3998
    Quote Originally Posted by alady View Post
    lolololololololololololollolololololllollololololl lololololololol

*breath*

lolololololololololololollolololololllollololololl lololololololololololololololololololololololololo lolol
    This times twelve.
    "I grew up in the juggling world."
    "Let's just agree that kids are basically G.G. Allin and move on with this already."

19. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "Coachella 2012 Webcast Thread" #3999
    I'd go to a Dre + Snoop + Fitty + Eminem + Holopac tour.
    "Hiding behind a swoop of fringe, your understated approach vacillates between low-dosage melancholy and dilettantish sensitivity. But you are not without your moments of charm, Lurking between your mix-and-match riffs is a tension that lacks focus but reverberates with a twinkle of confidence." - 5.6

20. Posted in reply to Driftwood's post starting "Eh it'll probably be like $60 for..." #4000
    Quote Originally Posted by Driftwood View Post
    Eh it'll probably be like $60 for shitty United Center seats and they'll be selling on the secondary market for like $30 after a relatively quick sell-out.
    If it's all of those acts the shows are probably going to be at stadiums.