Page 3076 of 3102 FirstFirst ... 20762576297630263066307430753076307730783086 ... LastLast
Results 61,501 to 61,520 of 62022

Thread: albums you listened to today

1. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61501
    Lollaboard Bracket Champion 2012 arbee's Avatar

now on Spotify...another great album from Vancouver's Jacknife Sound. 80's electro sound with a bit of Drab Majesty meets Moroder era-Sparks.

Honestly can't recommend enough...
    Last edited by arbee; 02-16-2017 at 04:29 PM.

2. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61502

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page

3. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61503
    "peacemaker" is a super smooth and chill panda bear synth song.

"goalkeeper" is an all over the place avey tare song that i think samples the seinfeld bass.

oh great top of the page

4. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61504
    Got lots of interesting things out today.

My Rec: Tim Darcy (of Ought) - Saturday Night

It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's a nice slice of post-punk throwback that drips with PIL and Echo influences. Loving it.

Strand of Oaks: Hard Love - What I've heard so far has not impressed me, but I'll still give it a listen. His last one was decent.
    Jens Lekman: Life will See you Now - I enjoyed the first single but hadn't listened to anything else yet.
    Dutch Uncles: Big Balloon - I always want to call these guys the Dutch Ovens, but that's something different. I've listened to them before but I can't for the life of me remember what song it was.
    The Courtneys: The Courtneys II - spun this stream the other day and found it enjoyable.
    Grails: Chalice Hymnal - Listened to the first few singles, nothing stood out but it's gotten some heavy attention from Stereogum so we'll see. Didn't like their last one very much.
    Molly Burch: Please Be Mine - She's opening for Tim Darcy on his tour, and they are playing KC next month. Might as well give it a listen.
    Hymn: Perish - SG description says "fuzzy doom-sludge wallow"
    Sam Patch: Yeah You, And I - says its Tim Kingsbury of Arcade Fire's solo debut.
    Sun Kil Moon: Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood - I'm in the small group of people who prefer Universal Themes to Benji, so I'm hoping this is more like the former.

Here's the full list which has more stuff on it that I'm unlikely to check out like Ryan Adams, Alison Krauss, AnCo and Rogue Wave. http://www.stereogum.com/1924673/alb...m-of-the-week/

Originally Posted by MookieDaddy
    Let me make sure I click on "cocaineblunts.com" before I leave work today...

5. Posted in reply to Andrew_VB's post starting "http://cdn.albumoftheyear.org/album/2017..." #61505
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_VB View Post
    I think this is my favorite Jens since Night Falls Over Kortedala, a couple duds notwithstanding.
    SEGALL/MOOTHART 2016

Originally Posted by alady
    BRING US A XAMS

Originally Posted by Byrone
    Dude shut the fuck up about jackets all of you

6. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61506
    Where the buffalo roamed until we killed them all
    Disappointing. It is okay but not nearly as good as the last couple.

7. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61507
    It's definitely got that "bar rock" aesthetic down pretty well. Which means it's pretty generic.

8. Posted in reply to TimA's post starting "Got lots of interesting things out..." #61508
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    Got lots of interesting things out today.

My Rec: Tim Darcy (of Ought) - Saturday Night

It doesn't reinvent the wheel, but it's a nice slice of post-punk throwback that drips with PIL and Echo influences. Loving it.

Strand of Oaks: Hard Love - What I've heard so far has not impressed me, but I'll still give it a listen. His last one was decent.
    Jens Lekman: Life will See you Now - I enjoyed the first single but hadn't listened to anything else yet.
    Dutch Uncles: Big Balloon - I always want to call these guys the Dutch Ovens, but that's something different. I've listened to them before but I can't for the life of me remember what song it was.
    The Courtneys: The Courtneys II - spun this stream the other day and found it enjoyable.
    Grails: Chalice Hymnal - Listened to the first few singles, nothing stood out but it's gotten some heavy attention from Stereogum so we'll see. Didn't like their last one very much.
    Molly Burch: Please Be Mine - She's opening for Tim Darcy on his tour, and they are playing KC next month. Might as well give it a listen.
    Hymn: Perish - SG description says "fuzzy doom-sludge wallow"
    Sam Patch: Yeah You, And I - says its Tim Kingsbury of Arcade Fire's solo debut.
    Sun Kil Moon: Common as Light and Love Are Red Valleys of Blood - I'm in the small group of people who prefer Universal Themes to Benji, so I'm hoping this is more like the former.

Here's the full list which has more stuff on it that I'm unlikely to check out like Ryan Adams, Alison Krauss, AnCo and Rogue Wave. http://www.stereogum.com/1924673/alb...m-of-the-week/
    um, there's a new future album out today

oh great top of the page

9. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61509
    Oh yeah. Hey everyone, there's a new future album today.

10. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61510
    why is stereogum's album of the week the jidenna album? lol

oh great top of the page

11. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61511
    I don't know, they've been picking random ones lately. The logic behind picking an AOTW for them is skewed. It used to be that a Premature Evaluation was a bigger deal but now I feel that AOTW is just a feature to highlight some random release no one gives a shit about otherwise.

12. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61512
    Where the buffalo roamed until we killed them all

13. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61513
    Lolla God

14. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61514
    enjoying this lou reed cover album

oh great top of the page

15. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61515

Aye this album is real good y'all

What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

16. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61516

um....eh... :/

I saw the Avett Brothers at the airport yesterday but did not say hello.

17. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61517

Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

18. Posted in reply to ten15SaturdayNight's post starting "https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e..." #61518
    Quote Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight View Post

um....eh... :/
    Same. I continue to like roughly 20% of his output.
    On a fast track to half sane.

19. Posted in reply to sixtimes's post "albums you listened to today" #61519

This is really fucking good.

Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

20. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "http://www.cargo-records.de/cover/001074..." #61520
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post

Aye this album is real good y'all
    Yep.
    SEGALL/MOOTHART 2016

BRING US A XAMS

Originally Posted by Byrone
    Dude shut the fuck up about jackets all of you