Page 671 of 673 FirstFirst ... 171571621661669670671672673 LastLast
Results 13,401 to 13,420 of 13441

Thread: Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)

1. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13401
    Anyone here been watching Crashing?
    11/9 - Nicolas Jaar | 11/14 - Seu Jorge Life Aquatic Sessions

2. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "oh jeez lol yep. brb coffee oh..." #13402
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    and damn. Copperhead was my favorite part of Luke Cage until, well yeah. i thought Diamondback was fine as a suited baddy with creepy monologues but once he got in the armor and started trying to fight i usually found it too cheesy.
    His armor was great! That and the throwback Powerman armor scene were wonderful nods. I guess I felt that a mafia-style enemy was relatively toothless for Luke Cage. Not to mention...

Spoiler Alert!

Stylistically, Luke Cage was amazing and Mike Colter is perfect in the role.
    GFYS

3. Posted in reply to ua's post starting "Anyone here been watching Crashing?" #13403
    Quote Originally Posted by ua View Post
    I have and it's pretty funny

4. Posted in reply to Irving_Red's post starting "Diamondback is maybe the worst villian..." #13404
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving_Red View Post
    Diamondback is maybe the worst villian in any MCU property so far. I liked Copperhead quite a bit, though. I was very interested in how their power struggle would play out, especially when Alfre Woodard (also fantastic) lists ways to kill Luke - drown him! Poison him! But no, they got rid of Ali for a fucking idiot overacting brother who's entire plan was to try to fight Luke Cage one on one.
    Agreed. Copperhead was great - I was bummed he bowed out so quickly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

5. Posted in reply to scoots's post starting "Agreed. Copperhead was great - I was..." #13405
    Quote Originally Posted by scoots View Post
    Agreed. Copperhead was great - I was bummed he bowed out so quickly.
    Thinking on it more, that's probably why I felt Luke Cage fizzled. It did have a strong front half.
    GFYS

6. Posted in reply to nt54's post starting "Is Homeland getting really good this..." #13406
    Quote Originally Posted by nt54 View Post
    Is Homeland getting really good this season or am I doing too many drugs?
    I haven't watched this week's episode, but yeah, I've really been enjoying it.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    I do like lasers.

Originally Posted by Wyoming
    The one act I like - shit - shit - shit -shit -shit - shit - shit

7. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "I have and it's pretty funny" #13407
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I have and it's pretty funny
    The last two episodes have been great. The show needs more Artie Lange!

8. Posted in reply to nt54's post starting "Is Homeland getting really good this..." #13408
    Quote Originally Posted by nt54 View Post
    Is Homeland getting really good this season or am I doing too many drugs?
    I had the same thought last night about how excellent it has been this season. F. Murray Abraham was even more outstanding than usual in this past episode:
    Spoiler Alert!
    Most (((((Huggable)))))
    2nd Place - 2015 Lollaboard Veterans League

9. Posted in reply to ua's post starting "Anyone here been watching Crashing?" #13409
    Supreme Being
    Quote Originally Posted by ua View Post
    yah its fine

10. Posted in reply to zach12's post starting "yah its fine" #13410
    Quote Originally Posted by zach12 View Post
    yah its fine
    How accurate is their portrayal of an up-and-coming comedian?

11. Posted in reply to discountsounds's post starting "I had the same thought last night about..." #13411
    Quote Originally Posted by discountsounds View Post
    I had the same thought last night about how excellent it has been this season. F. Murray Abraham was even more outstanding than usual in this past episode
    Seriously, I feel like a lot of this season's buildup started to pay off with last night's episode. Only three more episodes...

I wonder just how dirty Dar is going to get. I can't imagine his character coming back from this.

12. Posted in reply to stelles75's post starting "Thinking on it more, that's probably..." #13412
    Quote Originally Posted by stelles75 View Post
    Thinking on it more, that's probably why I felt Luke Cage fizzled. It did have a strong front half.
    This might not be the popular opinion, but I don't think the Marvel-Netflix shows have put together a consistent season yet. Jessica Jones was probably the closest, but it also felt the least like a comic book show. Luke Cage was great for half a season and than slowly went off the rails - the last two episodes were pretty laughably bad. I still enjoy the shows for the most part, but I'd love to see them take a step forward with the quality. Daredevil Season 2 was pretty disappointing to me.

If I had to rank them:

Jessica Jones
    Daredevil S1
    Luke Cage
    Daredevil S2

Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

13. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13413
    Some of the Punisher stuff is really strong, though. Jon Bernthal++++
    GFYS

14. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13414
    Yeah but then they decided to turn it into a legal drama and it killed any momentum. Also not really having a main villain that was identifiable was a mistake.

15. Posted in reply to stelles75's post starting "Some of the Punisher stuff is really..." #13415
    That court room stuff was really really really bad.

16. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13416
    that's part of what hurt Daredevil S2 for me.
    i completely forgot it was even a Daredevil show for 5 or 6 episodes because Punisher not only becomes the focus of the story but also completely switches the style and tone to a gorefest.

which yeah it's cool but then you hop back to Daredevil's story and you're like "oh okay this again."

they should've teased Punisher and then given him his own series.

17. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13417
    I loved his tirade in that part. Was glued to his performance. Maybe it was hammy, but I think he's the best Punisher yet.

Watch IF at your own risk, but you might be pleasantly surprised. It certainly doesn't get any slower than it starts.

Also, I noticed that The Defenders is going to be only 8 episodes, so maybe the producers are seeing what I've been thinking, that they drag these stories out way too long.
    GFYS

18. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13418
    IF is totally fine and worth watching.
    i do think Danny is less interesting of a character than the other 3 Defenders and there's some annoying minor plotholes in a few episodes, but for the most part the secondary characters and villains are good and the action is fun.

and i'm fine with Defenders being shorter. at this point everything is established so just find a way for the 4 heroes to meet (ie Rosario Dawson gets kidnapped by the Hand or whatever) and let it happen.

19. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13419
    The court scenes in DD S2 are bad, but I think almost intentionally so. I interpreted it was reflective of Matt's loosening grip on each of his two personalities. That said, I agree that Jessica Jones has been the best so far. We haven't finished Luke Cage yet.
    On a fast track to half sane.

20. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13420
    I'm on episode four and Iron Fist is just doing dumb legal business shit and Colleen Wing tears shit up to Danny Brown and RtJ.

Originally Posted by Pulp
    SOMEONE DIRECT LINK ME. I CURRENTLY OWN $600-WORTH OF SUFJAN TICKETS. HE WILL FORGIVE ME.