Page 678 of 679 FirstFirst ... 178578628668676677678679 LastLast
Results 13,541 to 13,560 of 13577

Thread: Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)

1. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post starting "It did, but it's another slow burn..." #13541
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    shit did better call saul already start up again too?

I CAN'T KEEP UP.
    Quote Originally Posted by MookieDaddy View Post
    It did, but it's another slow burn start to the season so far.
    The end of this week's episode was incredible.

2. Posted in reply to BitteOrca's post starting "At the end of the episode the police..." #13542
    Quote Originally Posted by BitteOrca View Post
    At the end of the episode the police officer was quite clearly jacking off while he talked to Hannah and followed her up the street in his car. He kept his one hand down out of sight the entire time he talked to her and he kept repeatedly telling her she could take her time while he followed her.
    lmao my dude.......
    If Im going to be in the paper, Id at least like them to say I actually made it, even though I got in trouble and everything.

3. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13543
    I agree with Goodson that I enjoyed this season of Girls most since the 1st but I think that's because I laid down a lot of expectations. In the last few seasons I would get frustrated by the messy long-term story arcs and random romantic pairings. but knowing it was ending was sort of freeing
    Last edited by st_hubbins; 04-20-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    If Im going to be in the paper, Id at least like them to say I actually made it, even though I got in trouble and everything.

4. Posted in reply to c1916's post starting "Conversely, I felt that the writing for..." #13544
    Quote Originally Posted by c1916 View Post
    Conversely, I felt that the writing for the male characters improved considerably in the final two seasons. I continued to watch the show because of what they did with Desi and Adam, and really enjoyed their arcs. I do agree that all of the women were truly despicable, and watching episodes that focused on them was an exercise in hate watching. ESPECIALLY the "American Bitch" episode which was so blatantly over-wrought and just plain awful that it played as pure comedy instead of honestly tackling the patriarchy issue.

And, I disagree with CG's misogyny comment on your post as well. The show itself was (reverse?) misogynistic, and I think very much intentionally so. Somehow pointing out the shit writing and shit characters = a hot/misogynistic take is a stretch.

I'm kind of glad it's over, and I do hope that the fawning over Lena as some kind of voice for others fades away.
    oh boy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I do like lasers.

Originally Posted by Wyoming
    The one act I like - shit - shit - shit -shit -shit - shit - shit

5. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13545
    I am glad Girls ended because I don't wish a brain aneurysm on any boarder

6. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13546
    I enjoyed this season of Girls, but could have done without the last episode. I did think the breast pumping outfit she wore was amusing. Episode 9 was great and I thought it ended the story of the 4 friends in a pretty realistic way. Go Shosh!

Add me to the list of people who say that the cop jerking off thing did not happen.

Overall, glad I watched this season, but also, happy that it is over.

Originally Posted by alady
    I saw the Avett Brothers at the airport yesterday but did not say hello.

7. Posted in reply to ten15SaturdayNight's post starting "I enjoyed this season of Girls, but..." #13547
    Yeah, the cop jerking off 100% didn't happen. They're usually pretty clear when someone is jerking off on that show. I also laughed really hard at the breast pump thing. Shosh was my favorite character, but I did like how they used her very minimally this season because she was always effective in whatever scenes she was in.

8. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13548
    ....you guys know that's just what breast pumps look like, right?

I also didn't buy Shosh's storyline at all, wasn't she just pining after Ray in the previous episode?

I do like lasers.

9. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13549
    Also they made Dear White People into a Netflix series but the trailer is basically the movie so idk.

I do like lasers.

10. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13550
    God damnit! I just pulled up the trailer on Youtube and then made the mistake of scrolling down to the comments.

11. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13551
    Fox ordered ten more episodes of The X-Files.
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, BITCHES

12. Posted in reply to alady's post starting "....you guys know that's just what..." #13552
    Quote Originally Posted by alady View Post
    ....you guys know that's just what breast pumps look like, right?

I also didn't buy Shosh's storyline at all, wasn't she just pining after Ray in the previous episode?

I didn't take Shosh's actions as pining I think she was just pissed Ray liked Abigail. Also the breast pumps were funny because it was unexpected, there were two of them, and the image of her leaping out her front door with them on was really funny.

13. Posted in reply to zach12's post starting "i still think that Harry Styles song is..." #13553
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zach12 View Post
    i still think that Harry Styles song is bad but the live version of it is way more fun so theres that.
    So we getting tickets for the Chicago show or not.

Originally Posted by zach12
    I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

14. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "Anybody else watch the season premier..." #13554
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Anybody else watch the season premier of Fargo last night ?
    I really liked it
    Honestly I was a bit underwhelmed. I'm a little concerned they don't have the depth of supporting characters they had last season.

Originally Posted by zach12
    I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

15. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13555
    I liked the Fargo s3 premeire. Personally s2 has a special place in my heart, but I think s3 will do just fine.
    11/9 - Nicolas Jaar | 11/14 - Seu Jorge Life Aquatic Sessions

16. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13556
    Lolla God
    The Leftovers is the best thing on TV easily and Carrie Coon should win all the Emmys

17. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13557
    I feel like there are significantly better shows on TV, but w/e.

Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

18. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13558
    Watched a few episodes of Girlboss this weekend... wow, that's a pile of shit. The protagonist is just a dick with no redeeming qualities and the writing is embarrassing. I was excited to see RuPaul in it but he's totally wasted.
    Last edited by alady; 04-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.

I do like lasers.

19. Posted in reply to scoots's post starting "I feel like there are significantly..." #13559
    Lolla God
    Quote Originally Posted by scoots View Post
    I feel like there are significantly better shows on TV, but w/e.
    I dunno man. Nothing on TV right now is even as close to exciting, like every week I have no clue where this show is going and I love it. The performances are incredible, it handles grief in such a great way, religion too, and it just keeps blowing me away.

I ended up being too busy to get it off the ground but I planned on starting a podcast about this show because I like it that much and think there's that much to talk about every episode. Never considered that for any other single tv show

How it ends is going to be kind of important but I have faith they know what they are doing.

20. Posted in reply to oshoney's post "Boob Tube (No Spoilers!)" #13560
    Agreed, really enjoying this Leftovers' season
    I share it all with you
    Powder blue