Post Your Reviews Here

Band
    Place
    Date
    Review

2. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #2
    h8 this thread

3. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #3
    Boo to you. It was my most popular thread.

4. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #4
    godspeed you! black emperor exceeded all my expectations. they sounded great, the video behind them was amazing, and the venue (a historic church) had amazing acoustics and was architecturally impressive.

5. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #5
    that is fantastic to hear. the one time i saw silver mt. zion was incredible and i thought that would be the closest i'd ever get to seeing godspeed. can't wait to see the real deal.
    R.I.P. Lollaboard

6. Posted in reply to oshoney's post starting "that is fantastic to hear. the one time..." #6
    yeah, my friend and i were absolutely blown away. actually slightly considering going back tomorrow - they've been changing up their sets.

7. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #7
    I'll be mad if the sunday show gets a better setlist, but w/e it's not like I'm wasting the night.

8. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #8
    Sic Alps put on one of my favorite sets of the year so far. There was a man there who looked like Matt Sanders.

9. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #9
    Wow so tonight was kinda crazy.

I saw the rap group Dipset at the Congress Theater. Lots of shenanigans happened. My friend got backstage somehow and almost [removed for illegal drugs] with Cam'ron, then they realized he wasn't supposed to be there.

The sound was pretty terrible, had a hard time hearing any one member at one time, but they were pretty enjoyable. I didn't know there were any openers so when we saw rapper GLC of GOOD Music on stage when we got there we were pleased. He was a lot of fun.

Very happy I went.

10. Posted in reply to clouddead's post starting "Sic Alps put on one of my favorite sets..." #10
    Quote Originally Posted by clouddead View Post
    Sic Alps put on one of my favorite sets of the year so far. There was a man there who looked like Matt Sanders.
    They played a rock and roll set.

A group of douchey fvkks up front acted like it was Woodstock.

Shit crowd, good band.

11. Posted in reply to LXscope's post starting "Wow so tonight was kinda crazy. I..." #11
    Supreme Being
    Quote Originally Posted by LXscope View Post
    Wow so tonight was kinda crazy.

I saw the rap group Dipset at the Congress Theater. Lots of shenanigans happened. My friend got backstage somehow and almost [removed for illegal drugs] with Cam'ron, then they realized he wasn't supposed to be there.

The sound was pretty terrible, had a hard time hearing any one member at one time, but they were pretty enjoyable. I didn't know there were any openers so when we saw rapper GLC of GOOD Music on stage when we got there we were pleased. He was a lot of fun.

Very happy I went.
    I went and didn't know what was going on and loled at LX's drunk-ass Indian friend the whole time.

12. Posted in reply to Greg Nasty's post starting "They played a rock and roll set. A..." #12
    Supreme Being
    Oh, and when he first told me he had an extra ticket to Dipset I thought it was something with Diplo

13. Posted in reply to VivaHate's post starting "I went and didn't know what was going..." #13
    Quote Originally Posted by brynrich View Post
    I went and didn't know what was going on and loled at LX's drunk-ass Indian friend the whole time.
    Shit, some of the stuff that happened tonight was so funny.

14. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #14
    Supreme Being
    I don't remember being that drunk or watching Dipset last night.

15. Posted in reply to genghisnyc's post starting "godspeed you! black emperor exceeded..." #15
    Quote Originally Posted by genghisnyc View Post
    godspeed you! black emperor exceeded all my expectations. they sounded great, the video behind them was amazing, and the venue (a historic church) had amazing acoustics and was architecturally impressive.
    great news. can't wait to see them on the 29th....

16. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #16
    Saw Civil Twilight with Aunt Martha last night at Schubas.

Civil Twilight were good live, I definitely liked them better live than on the album. I still think they are much closer in sound to a watered down Muse than the are to Coldplay, but neither is too far off. The guitar player steals from Jonsi from Sigur Ros by playing a few songs with a bow but sounding exactly like Jonsi's sound (yes, I know many other guitarists have done the bow thing in the past, the guy sounded most like Jonsi though). They loosened up alot towards the end, and that made it much more interesting.

Aunt Martha were a surprise for me, never heard of them before, but they were good. They reminded me of Ryan Adams or the Avett Brothers in the mellower moments. Would definitely see them again.

17. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post starting "Saw Civil Twilight with Aunt Martha..." #17
    I don't quite see the Muse comparison, but whatevs. I thought that was a pretty solid set. I think they grouped too many slower songs together in the middle but started and ended very solidly.
    Last edited by Five_Hole; 03-20-2011 at 07:12 PM. Reason: nut whatevs

18. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #18
    Nut whatevs.

19. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #19
    Queens of the Stone Age were rawkwkk last night. so great. after the s/t and the b-sides the encore was Burn the Witch -> Make It Wit Chu -> Little Sister -> Go With the Flow -> No One Knows.
    rly glad i finally got to see them indoors. also, josh drank no water during the show, just a bottle of vodka. whataman.
    R.I.P. Lollaboard

20. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #20
    That encore kinda suxx, but I guess people want to hear those songs.