Page 614 of 614 FirstFirst ... 114514564604612613614
Results 12,261 to 12,265 of 12265

Thread: Post Your Reviews Here

1. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "The Black Madonna was great last night ..." #12261
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    The Black Madonna was great last night
    I never get tired of seeing her
    I thought it was so cool when she mixed in Diamonds On the Soles of Her Shoes, the Paul Simon fanboy in me freaked out a little. Too bad she won't be back for awhile.

2. Posted in reply to st_hubbins's post starting "Since alady asked about the Zombies: ..." #12262
    Vince was also great last night. If his new album is out by Pitchfork Festival I may have to go his day too.

3. Posted in reply to st_hubbins's post starting "Since alady asked about the Zombies: ..." #12263
    Quote Originally Posted by st_hubbins View Post
    Since alady asked about the Zombies:

The band did two sets, the first a mishmash of old and new stuff, and the second "Odessey & Oracle" straight through. The first set was hit or miss, with a lot of great songs split up by some very dad-ish blues rock. But the energy in the crowd was very good throughout the first set, sort of surprising because it was totally geriatric and they were in their seats for most of it. Easily the oldest crowd I've been in. Colin Blunstone's voice sounds fantastic.

After a 20-minute break the Zombies came back for "O&O" and the atmosphere took a pronounced dip. The music sounded great but the crowd was barely there. Don't know if they were just intently listening, or they were casual music fans who missed the earlier set's guitar riffz, or if the olds ran out of steam after 9 p.m. but it was a bummer. This venue is in the middle of nowhere, and a lot of the crowd I think just goes to every show that the venue puts on, so probably the energy will be better in a city. Still a good performance, and I'm glad I saw those songs live.
    Thanks for this! So I can get there late

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I do like lasers.

Originally Posted by Wyoming
    The one act I like - shit - shit - shit -shit -shit - shit - shit

4. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #12264
    Lolla God
    matthew mayfield was ok as an opening act thursday at hob. blue october was turrible, very turrible, more turrible than I thought they could be. hob is my least favorite venue in chicago, maybe the world, especially when it's way overcrowded like it was thursday.

pokey lafarge and his band were very, very great friday after work at shenanigans on division street. went so I could miss the 6/16/17 metro show, but now thinking I may have to go and take the better half to see him and his band.
    Greg Nasty: "Did you look at the list of people who would not attend? It's a bunch of losers and nanatod."
    Getrowdy: "Take a walk. Smoke some pot. Dance."
    Zach12: "Sorry Ten15 you are of course invited too."

5. Posted in reply to getrowdy's post "Post Your Reviews Here" #12265
    Vince Staples was a real #Lituation the likes of which are rivaled by almost none.

I really liked Kilo Kish, too, but friends were comparing her to art school shit, which I understand I guess. Still an enjoyable set.

Originally Posted by Pulp
    SOMEONE DIRECT LINK ME. I CURRENTLY OWN $600-WORTH OF SUFJAN TICKETS. HE WILL FORGIVE ME.