Page 56 of 411 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 8212

Thread: It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014 Lollapalooza Headliners

1. Posted in reply to chowderday's post starting "With Outkast, it's more of a question..." #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by chowderday View Post
    With Outkast, it's more of a question of south or north.
    stop posting.
    Free Raylan

2. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away..." #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away from the gates of Lolla. I know they pretty much have the monopoly on songs that are about what someone's shit smells like (apparently it smells like poo, by the way), but I think I can manage without them.
    same goes for you.
    Free Raylan

3. Posted in reply to Krentist's post starting "same goes for you." #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by Krentistthedentist View Post
    same goes for you.
    I'm sorry if we don't all want to see Jamiroquai and Outkast at Lollapalooza. Some do, and some live in 2013.

4. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1104
    SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE, BITCHES

5. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'm sorry if we don't all want to see..." #1105
    I'm sorry if we don't all want to see Jamiroquai and Outkast at Lollapalooza. Some do, and some live in 2013.
    A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with anything?

B. (TW: bold statement) OutKast is the most important hip hop group of the past 20 years

C. Name your practical, ideal top 6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by venom3
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    "it's the carpenters. well, it's kiss. they're covering the carpenters. well, it's us. we're dressing up like kiss and playing carpenters songs."

Originally Posted by nanatod
    I'll offer $10, because even though I've heard of the Knife, I'm not the least bit familiar with the music, and because L&OSVU and CSI are reruns tomorrow night, so I won't be missing any new episodes of the shows.

6. Posted in reply to sleeping's post starting "http://i.imgur.com/aJ40EF7.gif" #1106
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping View Post
    Your avatar is missing someone btw

Originally Posted by venom3
    "it's the carpenters. well, it's kiss. they're covering the carpenters. well, it's us. we're dressing up like kiss and playing carpenters songs."

Originally Posted by nanatod
    I'll offer $10, because even though I've heard of the Knife, I'm not the least bit familiar with the music, and because L&OSVU and CSI are reruns tomorrow night, so I won't be missing any new episodes of the shows.

7. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'm sorry if we don't all want to see..." #1107

Originally Posted by stupka32
    I had just got this completely unrelated thought that rape is bad thing.

8. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhhpeoJ2d..." #1108
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    This made me happy.

9. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1109

Originally Posted by stupka32
    I had just got this completely unrelated thought that rape is bad thing.

10. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213..." #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    Even better.

Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113
    i dont go into ordering an NWO tank or buying a Goatwhore shirt expecting the velveteen touch of a dandy fop, so...

Originally Posted by nikkirkpatrick
    i'm just going to address the elephant in the room here: who the fuck is pomplemoose?

11. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with..." #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with anything?

B. (TW: bold statement) OutKast is the most important hip hop group of the past 20 years

C. Name your practical, ideal top 6
    A: He had posted about how he wanted to see Jamiroquai before.

B: Have to disagree with that. As far as bridging the gap between hip hop and pop, yeah they had a big part.

C: Off the top of my head, Tool would be number one. After that, I'd like to see Death Cab and Depeche Mode. I think Bowie would be a great choice for the legacy headliner, but I don't see it being plausible. If Kanye and/or Arcade Fire were there, I'd be fine with that.

Bottom line is, I don't see the crowd at Lolla giving a shit about Jamiroquai at all. Most people in America only know them from that one music video 16 years ago, and they're going to be looked at as a one-hit wonder. If they've had more success overseas, good for them, but that's not here.

As for Outkast, I just don't like them. I look at them as the forerunners of The Black Eyed Peas, in that they make rap/pop hybrid tracks with god-awful lyrics, but they're catchy enough for the masses to like for a couple months. Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?
    Last edited by BigDaddyWarbucks; 10-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.

12. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away..." #1112
    I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away from the gates of Lolla. I know they pretty much have the monopoly on songs that are about what someone's shit smells like (apparently it smells like poo, by the way), but I think I can manage without them.
    wow u rly go ham when it comes to being lame.
    Your attitude is backwards.

This is a PLUR zone.

13. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1113
    But this is the worst.

As for Outkast, I just don't like them. I look at them as the forerunners of The Black Eyed Peas, in that they make rap/pop hybrid tracks with god-awful lyrics, but they're catchy enough for the masses to like for a couple months. Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?

Originally Posted by zach12
    Even Entourage would make it seem like an absurdly misguided thing that Drama would say and than E would be like "BUT I LOVE HER" and than Turtle would bust thru the door and be like "VINNIE'S DOING THE MOVIE"

Originally Posted by Raylan
    Neader run dis.

14. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1114
    A: He had posted about how he wanted to see Jamiroquai before.

B: Have to disagree with that. As far as bridging the gap between hip hop and pop, yeah they had a big part.

C: Off the top of my head, Tool would be number one. After that, I'd like to see Death Cab and Depeche Mode. I think Bowie would be a great choice for the legacy headliner, but I don't see it being plausible. If Kanye and/or Arcade Fire were there, I'd be fine with that.

Bottom line is, I don't see the crowd at Lolla giving a shit about Jamiroquai at all. Most people in America only know them from that one music video 16 years ago, and they're going to be looked at as a one-hit wonder. If they've had more success overseas, good for them, but that's not here.

Hush that fuss.
    rip board darling nikki

15. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1115
    Well fuck me for answering someone's questions honestly and putting my two cents in. I'll just step out and bow down to the all knowing and wise veterans.

16. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1116
    the butthurt is strong with this one.
    rip board darling nikki

17. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1117
    Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?
    Hey Ya was recently voted the best song of the 00's by one particular website's visitors so... "here and there"? heh

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    WE ARE STARTING AT 11:05 so we can make our scheduled time of 11:30

18. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1118
    that's the worst outkast song there is.
    rip board darling nikki

19. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1119
    And yet, my point still stands. "here and there" is terribly out of line.

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    WE ARE STARTING AT 11:05 so we can make our scheduled time of 11:30

20. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1120

Starting with this tour, Pretty Lights is morphing into a full-sized live-band performance. If Derek is planning on keeping this act on the road for a year I could absolutely see him headlining Lolla.