Page 56 of 411 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 8213

Thread: It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014 Lollapalooza Headliners

  1. Posted in reply to chowderday's post starting "With Outkast, it's more of a question..." #1101
    Supreme Being Krentist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bonertown
    Posts
    47,621
    Quote Originally Posted by chowderday View Post
    With Outkast, it's more of a question of south or north.
    stop posting.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by munkivelli
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Still haven't listened to the new Deerhunter either, aside from hearing that one song on XM that I thought was a Cage the Elephant song before I looked at the song info.

  2. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away..." #1102
    Supreme Being Krentist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bonertown
    Posts
    47,621
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away from the gates of Lolla. I know they pretty much have the monopoly on songs that are about what someone's shit smells like (apparently it smells like poo, by the way), but I think I can manage without them.
    same goes for you.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by munkivelli
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Still haven't listened to the new Deerhunter either, aside from hearing that one song on XM that I thought was a Cage the Elephant song before I looked at the song info.

  3. Posted in reply to Krentist's post starting "same goes for you." #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by Krentistthedentist View Post
    same goes for you.
    I'm sorry if we don't all want to see Jamiroquai and Outkast at Lollapalooza. Some do, and some live in 2013.

  4. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1104
    Lolla God sleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Hills
    Posts
    7,704
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, BITCHES

  5. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'm sorry if we don't all want to see..." #1105
    Supreme Being MadBird11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    38,713
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    I'm sorry if we don't all want to see Jamiroquai and Outkast at Lollapalooza. Some do, and some live in 2013.
    A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with anything?

    B. (TW: bold statement) OutKast is the most important hip hop group of the past 20 years

    C. Name your practical, ideal top 6

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by goodson
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    man i just want to say the word lit and post yeezy tracks

  6. Posted in reply to sleeping's post starting "http://i.imgur.com/aJ40EF7.gif" #1106
    Supreme Being MadBird11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Purgatory
    Posts
    38,713
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping View Post
    Your avatar is missing someone btw

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by goodson
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    man i just want to say the word lit and post yeezy tracks

  7. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'm sorry if we don't all want to see..." #1107
    Supreme Being WretchedSkye2113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    50,916
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    I'm sorry if we don't all want to see Jamiroquai and Outkast at Lollapalooza. Some do, and some live in 2013.





    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ua
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Radiohead is not playing this fest in 2016.

  8. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhhpeoJ2d..." #1108
    Lolla God sleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Hills
    Posts
    7,704
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    This made me happy.
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, BITCHES

  9. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1109
    Supreme Being WretchedSkye2113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    50,916

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by ua
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Radiohead is not playing this fest in 2016.

  10. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff213..." #1110
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    Even better.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by stelles75
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kind of a crossover between hair metal and intoxicated hobo.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Now I can't stop singing the Bee Gees' classic "Bald Headed Woman" to myself.

  11. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with..." #1111
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    A. wtf does Jamiroquai have to do with anything?

    B. (TW: bold statement) OutKast is the most important hip hop group of the past 20 years

    C. Name your practical, ideal top 6
    A: He had posted about how he wanted to see Jamiroquai before.

    B: Have to disagree with that. As far as bridging the gap between hip hop and pop, yeah they had a big part.

    C: Off the top of my head, Tool would be number one. After that, I'd like to see Death Cab and Depeche Mode. I think Bowie would be a great choice for the legacy headliner, but I don't see it being plausible. If Kanye and/or Arcade Fire were there, I'd be fine with that.

    Bottom line is, I don't see the crowd at Lolla giving a shit about Jamiroquai at all. Most people in America only know them from that one music video 16 years ago, and they're going to be looked at as a one-hit wonder. If they've had more success overseas, good for them, but that's not here.

    As for Outkast, I just don't like them. I look at them as the forerunners of The Black Eyed Peas, in that they make rap/pop hybrid tracks with god-awful lyrics, but they're catchy enough for the masses to like for a couple months. Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?
    Last edited by BigDaddyWarbucks; 10-03-2013 at 11:55 AM.

  12. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away..." #1112
    Lolla Veteran wiscostraightup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,442
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    I'd prefer Outkast to play far far away from the gates of Lolla. I know they pretty much have the monopoly on songs that are about what someone's shit smells like (apparently it smells like poo, by the way), but I think I can manage without them.
    wow u rly go ham when it comes to being lame.
    Your attitude is backwards.

    This is a PLUR zone.

  13. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1113
    Supreme Being Neader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    8,262
    But this is the worst.

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post

    As for Outkast, I just don't like them. I look at them as the forerunners of The Black Eyed Peas, in that they make rap/pop hybrid tracks with god-awful lyrics, but they're catchy enough for the masses to like for a couple months. Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Thisismyname
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    *this post is the board equivalent of talking about the weather when someone just got called a bitch at the dinner table.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by The Facts
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I feel like if Rostam was there with Ezra that Bernie would have won outright.

  14. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1114
    Supreme Being Mr. Magoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    26,990
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    A: He had posted about how he wanted to see Jamiroquai before.

    B: Have to disagree with that. As far as bridging the gap between hip hop and pop, yeah they had a big part.

    C: Off the top of my head, Tool would be number one. After that, I'd like to see Death Cab and Depeche Mode. I think Bowie would be a great choice for the legacy headliner, but I don't see it being plausible. If Kanye and/or Arcade Fire were there, I'd be fine with that.

    Bottom line is, I don't see the crowd at Lolla giving a shit about Jamiroquai at all. Most people in America only know them from that one music video 16 years ago, and they're going to be looked at as a one-hit wonder. If they've had more success overseas, good for them, but that's not here.

    As for Outkast, I just don't like them. I look at them as the forerunners of The Black Eyed Peas, in that they make rap/pop hybrid tracks with god-awful lyrics, but they're catchy enough for the masses to like for a couple months. Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?
    Hush that fuss.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shoeboogie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Remove my name from your sig, please.

  15. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1115
    Well fuck me for answering someone's questions honestly and putting my two cents in. I'll just step out and bow down to the all knowing and wise veterans.

  16. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1116
    Supreme Being Mr. Magoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    26,990
    the butthurt is strong with this one.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shoeboogie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Remove my name from your sig, please.

  17. Posted in reply to BigDaddyWarbucks's post starting "A: He had posted about how he wanted to..." #1117
    Supreme Being Caseysitsallgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,124
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyWarbucks View Post
    Now that one of their songs is popping up here and there, that's enough to think they're going to headline? If that's the case, which stage do you think Rick Astley will play?
    Hey Ya was recently voted the best song of the 00's by one particular website's visitors so... "here and there"? heh
    "It was a great poop and I wanted to share it."

  18. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1118
    Supreme Being Mr. Magoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    26,990
    that's the worst outkast song there is.

    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Shoeboogie
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Remove my name from your sig, please.

  19. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1119
    Supreme Being Caseysitsallgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,124
    And yet, my point still stands. "here and there" is terribly out of line.
    "It was a great poop and I wanted to share it."

  20. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post "It Starts Now: Volume Six- 2014..." #1120
    Lolla God sleeping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Hills
    Posts
    7,704


    Starting with this tour, Pretty Lights is morphing into a full-sized live-band performance. If Derek is planning on keeping this act on the road for a year I could absolutely see him headlining Lolla.
    WEST HOLLYWOOD, BITCHES

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •