Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Releases of Note

1. Posted in reply to Andrew_VB's post starting "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2R2Ck8q..." #681
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_VB View Post
    I finally got around to this today and the only way I can see myself listening to this album is in a dark room by myself with a box of tissues to cry like a lil babby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alady
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

2. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #682
    the pissed jeans record is streaming: https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/articl...m-why-love-now

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page

3. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #683
    Vagabon's "infinite worlds" is streaming on NPR, as well as the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.

Originally Posted by MookieDaddy
    Let me make sure I click on "cocaineblunts.com" before I leave work today...

4. Posted in reply to TimA's post starting "Vagabon's "infinite worlds" is..." #684
    Quote Originally Posted by TimA View Post
    Vagabon's "infinite worlds" is streaming on NPR, as well as the new Clap Your Hands Say Yeah.
    Saw her a few months ago opening for Sad13, she was good, but only played like 15 minutes since she was sick. But the album is pretty good, I'd compare it to Torres. Pretty sure most of the board would be pretty into it.

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.

5. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #685
    Yeah it was an enjoyable listen.

Originally Posted by MookieDaddy
    Let me make sure I click on "cocaineblunts.com" before I leave work today...

6. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #686

at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.

7. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #687
    that song is really good and more like what i love of vintage colin stetson

oh great top of the page

8. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #688
    parquet courts feat. bun b

oh great top of the page

9. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #689
    ooooh Xibalba (sludge/death) have a new EP out on most streaming services.

it v good

10. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #690
    Has there been any other good metal out lately?
    On a fast track to half sane.

11. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #691
    hmmm only other thing i've heard about lately is King Woman (doom) but i don't think it's out til next week. their bandcamp has 3 or 4 songs available though.

previously i think i mentioned the new Krallice, which is dope, and Zao, which is good thrashy stuff but can get kinda metalcorey.
    oh and Brett Campbell from Pallbearer put out 2 kinda dark ambient tracks with Hosianna Mantra for ACLU bandcamp day that are pretty cool/weird.

lots of people in the doom/sludge scene are pretty hyped about Dopelord who put out a new one last month. i haven't listened yet but i'm sure, based on the name, it's probably a very Electric Wizard sounding act. which i wouldn't be mad about.

12. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #692
    Thanks, I'll check out the Dopelord album. I love the new Krallice, but Spotify has it listed as 2016 for some reason.

13. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #693
    oh yep. just booted up Dopelord.
    very very very Come My Fanatics vibe on the guitars.

vocals are super clean though, for those who are usually put off by abrasive metal vocals

14. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "oh yep. just booted up Dopelord. very..." #694
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post

vocals are super clean though, for those who are usually put off by abrasive metal vocals
    Welllllllllllllllllll then.
    SEGALL/MOOTHART 2016

i was under the impression that UA himself was a phone app?

Originally Posted by Byrone
    Dude shut the fuck up about jackets all of you

15. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #695
    oh and the Crystal Fairy (Omar Rodriguez Lopez, King Buzzo, Dale Crover, Teri from Butcherettes supergroup thing) album is streaming today

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pr...but-lp-w467299

16. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "oh yep. just booted up Dopelord. very..." #696
    Where the buffalo roamed until we killed them all
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post

I liked this quite a bit. Thanks.

17. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #697
    Yeah, it's great. The first track didn't grab me much, but everything after that killed.

18. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #698
    kicking myself for even reading this, let alone posting it but whatever;

“In speaking with Danny last night, he told me that the band has temporarily MOVED some of their gear into a larger space (across town) where MAYNARD is working on VOCALS for some of the new Tool material. I’m sure that he has already been doing this to some extent, but now he has more room to breathe and a better vocal booth.”

19. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #699
    That sounds like a new version of the same news we've been getting for 10 years now.

20. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post "2017 Releases of Note" #700
    Supreme Being
    Jens album is AOTY material