Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists

2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists

You know the drill: you post it, I keep it updated. Please provide direct links or screenshots or something that'll make me go, "yeah, looks legit".

Somebody go find me that Muse tweet.

Confirmed:
    Phantogram
    The Shins

Cage the Elephant
    Chance the Rapper
    Blink-182

Semi-Confirmed:
    Muse
    Lil Yachty
    Whitney
    Alt-J

Suspect:
    Dawes
    Guns n Roses
    The Head and the Heart
    Grouplove

pvris
    30 Seconds to Mars

Incubus
    Jimmy Eat World

Glass Animals
    Belle & Sebastian
    Ryan Adams
    Lorde
    Spoon
    Young the Giant
    Cold War Kids
    Joywave

Everything on the Oshega lineup that didn't play Lolla last year
    Sylvan Esso
    Travis Scott
    Car Seat Headrest
    Fleet Foxes
    The Shins
    Tool
    Weezer
    Primus

Reddit Guy Says:
    Arcade Fire
    Muse
    Chance the Rapper
    Blink-182
    Tove Lo
    Phantogram
    The xx
    Travis Scott
    Lil Uzi Vert
    21 Savage
    Joey Bada$$
    Migos
    Lorde
    The Weeknd

Noteworthy Takes:
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    They (Incubus/JEW) have shows in Texas during two days of Lolla. Riotfest seems more likely to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    The official poster actually has the (Belle & Sebastian) LA show on the 6th. Still kind of suspect, but probably more unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by The Facts View Post
    Reddit Guy nailed it last year. I'm a believer.
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    as previously discussed, possible but i hesitate to say suspicious due to last time he (Travis Scott) played..
    Quote Originally Posted by MookieDaddy View Post
    Fleet Foxes are even less likely now, they added a second NYC date for 8/2, which only leaves one date between that and Toronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by claypoolfan View Post
    Full tour dates just got announced and they (Primus) only have the 3rd available. I'd say it's unlikely and that is just a day off for them, it would be five days in a row otherwise...
    Last edited by MadBird11; 03-21-2017 at 02:00 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alady
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

2. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #2
    So is Kanye West or Kendrick Lamar better?

3. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #3
    Kendrick is obviously the superior rapper, and I think his tru th is expressed much more clearly than kanye's. Kendrick is t e cynically impressive while kanye relies on the wow factor of his production.
    Agave Maria

4. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #4
    As jcp pointed out in the other side, file this under "suspicious"
    Quote Originally Posted by jcp View Post
    Head and the Heart + Grouplove at Red Rocks Aug 2nd. #Lolla suspicious?

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.

5. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #5
    Not sure if this means much, but I got a Twitter notification that Lollapalooza was now following Run the Jewels.
    Was that meant as irony, post-irony, sincerity, sarcasm, or sudden realization?

6. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #6
    It's Lolla's turn on the p4k/lolla/p4k/? schedule so it makes sense

7. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #7
    Bumping this for another semi-confirmed. Remember to keep sending me stuff as you find it.

Reddit is not a source.

8. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "Bumping this for another..." #8
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    Bumping this for another semi-confirmed. Remember to keep sending me stuff as you find it.

Reddit is not a source.
    I'd say 30STM and Pvris are pretty definite at this point.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2017/0...conds-to-mars/

9. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #9
    pvris played last year, don't know why they would come back. the routing doesn't make it definite either, given that.

30 seconds to mars seems like a decent bet tho.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page

10. Posted in reply to Andrew_VB's post starting "pvris played last year, don't know why..." #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_VB View Post
    pvris played last year
    Huh. Didn't know that. Good point.

11. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #11
    Yeah I put it in the suspect tab cause it could go either way

12. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #12
    It would seem to me as though Incubus and Jimmy Eat World (who will be touring together) will both (finally) being playing Lolla.
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/jimmy-e...us-separately/

Which means I guess I'm attending.
    "If there was a Mt. Rushmore of the Lollaboard, Garpo would be 3 of the 4 heads" - Clouddead

13. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #13
    They have shows in Texas during two days of Lolla. Riotfest seems more likely to me.

14. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #14
    Yup. I'd see them at Riot Fest.

Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

15. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #15
    Thursday
    "If there was a Mt. Rushmore of the Lollaboard, Garpo would be 3 of the 4 heads" - Clouddead

16. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #16
    I guess there are a lot more Incubus/JEW dates yet to be announced. They could easily end up playing Northerly or Tinley that week right before Lolla I guess. It wouldn't be the first time that happens actually.

17. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #17
    Glass Animals look likely. They are skipping Chicago on their summer tour
    http://www.glassanimals.eu/live/

18. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #18
    Hopefully Little Dragon play as well since they are opening up some of the shows near Lolla.

19. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #19
    I suppose 3 days is plenty time to go from Maine to Chicago...

20. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "2017 Confirmed/Semi-Confirmed Artists" #20
    whitney are doing a reddit ama. sounds like they'll be at lolla: https://www.reddit.com/r/indieheads/...y_ask/ddqx7jz/

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page