Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitchfork Music Festival 2017

1. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "I mean she's gonna headline Lolla in..." #341
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    I mean she's gonna headline Lolla in like 3 years so it makes sense as kind of like a "say goodbye" performance. See also: Vampire Weekend, Kendrick, Chance
    I love Twigs, but I don't see her on that path.

2. Posted in reply to Isyourbedmade?'s post starting "Yeah, sorry Josh Terry, Weezer ain't..." #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyourbedmade? View Post
    Yeah, sorry Josh Terry, Weezer ain't playing this..
    they are the perfect sub for Muse in early August.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    if there's two things i know, it's butts and rock n roll

Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I'd like to ban the use of the word "lit"

3. Posted in reply to Andrew_VB's post starting "i think the "too big" problem there to..." #343
    Supreme Being
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_VB View Post
    i think the "too big" problem there to me is that 2 of the 3 subs could arguably be headliners as well, plus all 3 headliners are on the top end of the pitchfork fest range. i more have the "all dudes" problem with it tho.

also all 3 headliners seem like acts lolla would have wanted, and luring those 3 away from the lolla money seems tough (i'd guess, not that i actually know).
    I mean you could just swap Solange with Run The Jewels and you no longer have this problem it would sort of be a Sufjan/Brian Wilson situation

4. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "At least Spoon have not played the fest..." #344
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    At least Spoon have not played the fest since 2008
    They seem like a Friday headliner to me. Also, *yawn*, and I like them.

Originally Posted by scoots
    Also Mitch McConnell is such a shit stain of a human being.

Originally Posted by alady
    I saw the Avett Brothers at the airport yesterday but did not say hello.

5. Posted in reply to dij22's post starting "I forgot about how awful of a headliner..." #345
    Quote Originally Posted by dij22 View Post
    I forgot about how awful of a headliner booking FKA Twigs was
    twigs had the best set of the weekend so

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    What's the street date on that Whopperrito?

6. Posted in reply to teekoh's post "Pitchfork Music Festival 2017" #346
    2014 was easily my favorite line up
    Official Lollaboard Bull

7. Posted in reply to zach12's post starting "I mean you could just swap Solange with..." #347
    Quote Originally Posted by zach12 View Post
    I mean you could just swap Solange with Run The Jewels and you no longer have this problem it would sort of be a Sufjan/Brian Wilson situation
    i think more just remove rtj and bump solange up.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page

8. Posted in reply to dij22's post starting "15 likely wrong predictions about the..." #348
    weezer is too easy, so my favorite goofy prediction on here is that kaytranda would play the blue stage. i mean, after last year's clearly bad decision to put anderson .paak on the blue stage, it's possible but come on.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

oh great top of the page

9. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "I love Twigs, but I don't see her on..." #349
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    I love Twigs, but I don't see her on that path.
    I think if the next album is decent she will be

Also the production value factors in here. Say what you want about the music but she's got a background in dance and the Pitchfork show was pretty to look at

Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo
    I have conflicts at a festival with a lineup I hate.

May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

10. Posted in reply to wanny's post starting "2014 was easily my favorite line up" #350
    Quote Originally Posted by wanny View Post
    2014 was easily my favorite line up
    +1

Originally Posted by The Facts
    I feel like at this point if you're booking next year's Naperville Ribfest you've got to give Arcade Fire a call. They're probably not interested but they've at least got to pick up the phone.

11. Posted in reply to dij22's post starting "15 likely wrong predictions about the..." #351
    Plus, Pitchfork always highlights local artists.
    Yeah, at the 1:00 Saturday slot

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.

12. Posted in reply to MookieDaddy's post starting "Yeah, at the 1:00 Saturday slot" #352
    Quote Originally Posted by MookieDaddy View Post
    Yeah, at the 1:00 Saturday slot
    Hey Whitney was 4 PM on Friday!

13. Posted in reply to teekoh's post "Pitchfork Music Festival 2017" #353
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Does anyone actually want to see a Shins set in the year 2017

I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

14. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Does anyone actually want to see a..." #354
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmScareMongering View Post

Originally Posted by The Facts
    I feel like at this point if you're booking next year's Naperville Ribfest you've got to give Arcade Fire a call. They're probably not interested but they've at least got to pick up the phone.

15. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Does anyone actually want to see a..." #355
    Sure. They were excellent at Lolla 2012. I doubt they are playing Pitchfork tho.

16. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Does anyone actually want to see a..." #356
    Yes of course what kind of question is this

17. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Does anyone actually want to see a..." #357
    Not me.

Originally Posted by scoots
    Also Mitch McConnell is such a shit stain of a human being.

Originally Posted by alady
    I saw the Avett Brothers at the airport yesterday but did not say hello.

18. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Does anyone actually want to see a..." #358
    1. Zach Braff
    2. The LollaBoard, apparently
    3. White people in their twenties who like Zach Braff

Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113
    it's like Kpop but in Japan and for people who like to LARP but are lazy

19. Posted in reply to teekoh's post "Pitchfork Music Festival 2017" #359
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Can't we just have The Shins play Lolla

I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

20. Posted in reply to Irving_Red's post starting "1. Zach Braff 2. The LollaBoard,..." #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving_Red View Post
    1. Zach Braff
    2. The LollaBoard, apparently
    3. White people in their twenties who like Zach Braff
    Hey I fit all of those stereotypes!