Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: MLB 2017 Discussion Thread

1. Posted in reply to shalem83's post starting "On the opposite end of spectrum, did..." #621
    Just read a write-up on him the other day. The encouraging thing is that he's hitting pitches that he has had trouble with previously. He also actually managed to keep the weight off throughout spring training instead of just gaining it all back once baseball started. He'll clearly drop off, but even a serviceable offensive line is better than what we've seen from him. His fielding is still next level bad, though.

I feel really bad for Jacob May, btw. There's no way he's not in his own head at this point. Hoping he hits a bloop single soon to break out of this stretch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

2. Posted in reply to The Facts's post starting "Not to keep talking about the Blue..." #622
    Quote Originally Posted by The Facts View Post
    Not to keep talking about the Blue Jays, but at somepoint do they just need to just come up with a phantom injury for Joey Bats and put him on the DL?

0-4 today with 4 more Ks. OPS-ing .388 on the season.

Wonder if he got popped on a test and is playing through an appeal
    Dude is also 36. I get that he broke out late, but he still had a lot of miles before he figured out how to hit. There's a reason he didn't really receive much in terms of offers this offseason.

Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

3. Posted in reply to The Facts's post starting "Not to keep talking about the Blue..." #623
    Lollaboard Bracket Champion 2012 arbee's Avatar
    Not to keep talking about the Blue Jays, but at somepoint do they just need to just come up with a phantom injury for Joey Bats and put him on the DL?

0-4 today with 4 more Ks. OPS-ing .388 on the season.

Wonder if he got popped on a test and is playing through an appeal
    typo?

4. Posted in reply to arbee's post starting "typo?" #624
    Lolla God
    Quote Originally Posted by arbee View Post
    typo?
    Sadly no. That is his OBP plus Slugging at this point.

His slugging percentage is lower than the Jays winning percentage

5. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #625
    Lolla God
    Really enjoying the Eric Thames experience. Might actually motivate me to drive up to Miller Park to see a game again this summer

6. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #626
    Philip Humber threw the 21st perfect game in MLB history five years ago today. His career cratered shortly thereafter, but that's a helluva peak.

7. Posted in reply to The Facts's post starting "Really enjoying the Eric Thames..." #627
    Really enjoying the Eric Thames experience. Might actually motivate me to drive up to Miller Park to see a game again this summer
    Wasn't a fan of Basio's interview about it but Lackey's presser after he gave up that homer was pretty funny I thought

Originally Posted by alady
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

8. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #628
    A group led by Derek Jeter and Jeb Bush (!) have apparently purchased the Marlins.

9. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #629
    Dodger's top prospect Cody Bellinger just got called up

Originally Posted by MadBird11
    I think everyone on this forum is cursed, personally.

10. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #630
    Where the buffalo roamed until we killed them all

11. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #631
    Lolla God
    i saw the hanshin tigers vs tokyo giants and hiroshima carp vs tokyo swallows over the weekend, and will definitely be underwhelmed when i go to my next MLB game.

12. Posted in reply to venom3's post starting "i saw the hanshin tigers vs tokyo..." #632
    That's awesome. What are ticket prices like over there?

13. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #633
    Lolla God
    a little cheaper than here. for the swallows, i think it came out to $42 and this was my view:

14. Posted in reply to Regionrat6337's post starting "Dodger's top prospect Cody Bellinger..." #634
    Quote Originally Posted by Regionrat6337 View Post
    Dodger's top prospect Cody Bellinger just got called up
    wish i would've gotten to see him play here in okc before he got called up.

15. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #635
    Pleasant surprise to have the White Sox above .500 20 games into the season.

16. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #636
    Yep! And a Royals sweep!

Leury killed them.
    On a fast track to half sane.

17. Posted in reply to scoots's post starting "Pleasant surprise to have the White Sox..." #637
    Quote Originally Posted by scoots View Post
    Pleasant surprise to have the White Sox above .500 20 games into the season.
    Totally. So much for tanking for a better draft pick.

18. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #638
    I just read that Matt Albers is pitching for the Nationals. I figured he'd be out of baseball.

Latos also has a job, apparently. Weird.

Anyway, your 2017 White Sox are currently in first place.

19. Posted in reply to scoots's post starting "I just read that Matt Albers is..." #639
    Quote Originally Posted by scoots View Post
    I just read that Matt Albers is pitching for the Nationals. I figured he'd be out of baseball.

Latos also has a job, apparently. Weird.

Anyway, your 2017 White Sox are currently in first place.
    This seems appropriate.

https://theringer.com/chicago-white-...b-adeaebdb54df

20. Posted in reply to Wyoming's post "MLB 2017 Discussion Thread" #640
    Crazy that Rodon hasn't even made his season debut yet.