7. The Shins | Heartworms
    8. Xiu Xiu | FORGET
    9. The xx | I See You
    10. Japandroids | Near To The Wild Heart Of Life
    11. Run the Jewels | Run the Jewels 3
    12. The Flaming Lips | Oczy Mlody
    13. Jens Lekman | Life Will See You Now ************

-------
    Last edited by Mickey Pigknuckles; 03-14-2017 at 01:34 PM.

2. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #2
    new AFI and Ryan Adams are good for people who already liked their music. doubt they'll do anything to expand fanbases.

new Krallice is killer for people who like weird black metal shit.

and that Bowie EP No Plan thingy is neat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by Irving_Red
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Caucasian child with Frank Ocean tattoo calls music festival 'boring.' More at 11.

3. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #3
    I was really excited to see that there's new Krallice.
    On a fast track to half sane.

4. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #4
    NIN didn't happen I guess. Probably not included because it and RTJ are 2016 albums.

5. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #5
    once the xx and priests drop this will be relevant

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    What's the street date on that Whopperrito?

6. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "new AFI and Ryan Adams are good for..." #6
    Lollaboard Bracket Champion 2012 arbee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post
    new AFI and Ryan Adams are good for people who already liked their music. doubt they'll do anything to expand fanbases.

new Krallice is killer for people who like weird black metal shit.

and that Bowie EP No Plan thingy is neat.
    these were available in October. They were included in the Lazarus Cast Album as a bonus CD.

7. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #7
    Yo that Brian Eno album (even though it's just one track) is v good and everyone should find an hour of time to block off and listen to it

Originally Posted by alady
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

8. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #8
    Supreme Being Mickey Pigknuckles's Avatar
    Yes

9. Posted in reply to goodson's post starting "once the xx and priests drop this will..." #9
    Quote Originally Posted by goodson View Post
    once the xx and priests drop this will be relevant
    dying for both of these.

10. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "Yo that Brian Eno album (even though..." #10
    Supreme Being Mickey Pigknuckles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    Yo that Brian Eno album (even though it's just one track) is v good and everyone should find an hour of time to block off and listen to it
    like, SO good. make you laugh half way through cus its so damn good, good.

11. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #11
    I don't have a list yet but I just wanna say this fuckin Ty Segall album rips.

Originally Posted by MookieDaddy
    Let me make sure I click on "cocaineblunts.com" before I leave work today...

12. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #12
    fuck outta here w/o a list
    On a fast track to half sane.

13. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #13

AOTY

14. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #14
    I'm really liking SOHN, Bonobo, and The xx so far.

15. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #15
    1. Priests
    2. Ty Segall
    3. Japandroids
    4. Cherry Glazerr
    5. Cloud Nothings
    6. The xx

Originally Posted by MookieDaddy
    Let me make sure I click on "cocaineblunts.com" before I leave work today...

16. Posted in reply to TimA's post starting "1. Priests 2. Ty Segall 3...." #16
    1.) Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now
    2.) The xx - I See You
    3.) Dirty Projectors - Dirty Projectors
    4.) Allison Crutchfield - Tourist in This Town
    5.) Julie Byrne - Not Even Happiness
    6.) Father John Misty - Pure Comedy
    7.) Surfer Blood - Snowdonia
    8.) Foxygen - Hang
    9.) Japandroids - Near to the Wild Heart of Life
    10.) Run the Jewels - RTJ3
    11.) Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound
    12.) Sampha - Process
    13.) Cherry Glazerr – Apocalipstick
    14.) The Courtneys - II
    15.) Vagabon - Infinite Worlds

---
    Animal Collective - The Painters EP
    Last edited by dij22; 03-04-2017 at 04:50 PM.

17. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #17
    Ty Segall - Ty Segall
    Brian Eno - Reflection
    Japandroids - Near to the Wild Heart of Life
    Ryan Adams - Prisoner
    The XX - I See You
    Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound
    Foxygen - Hang
    Half Japanese - Hear the Lions Roar
    SEGALL/MOOTHART 2016

Originally Posted by alady
    BRING US A XAMS

Originally Posted by Byrone
    Dude shut the fuck up about jackets all of you

18. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #18
    I listened to Brian Eno's Reflection. Does it get any better the second time around?
    Was that meant as irony, post-irony, sincerity, sarcasm, or sudden realization?

19. Posted in reply to Mickey Pigknuckles's post "Best Albums of 2017: Discussion Thread" #19
    sincerely think most fans of punk, metal, industrial, etc. would swoon over this Code Orange record. it'll likely end up topping a lot of media lists too (i mean not pitchfork cause they don't cover loud things anymore, but it'll probably be one of the token heavy albums from spin, stereogum, etc.)

only real new thing i've listened to lately.
    i got ty and cloud from the [] but haven't listened yet. i'm sure i'll enjoy them as i always do.

is it even worth me trying this new xx album?
    same for brian eno

edit: looks like p4k did review Code Orange. 7.5. which is about as much as any heavy act that isn't Blut Aus Nord gets from them nowadays so i'll take it.
    Last edited by WretchedSkye2113; 01-20-2017 at 10:35 AM.

20. Posted in reply to WretchedSkye2113's post starting "sincerely think most fans of punk,..." #20
    Quote Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113 View Post

is it even worth me trying this new xx album?
    I was not a fan of any of their previous stuff, but I actually like their new one. Give it a try at least.

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.