• Paul Simon

14 41.18%
  • Nick Cave

20 58.82%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave

Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave

Who you got and why?

Edit: I will be doing these every Monday from now on unless Drifty yells at me since it was his idea first
    Last edited by MadBird11; 02-13-2017 at 10:11 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alady
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

2. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #2
    I am a fan of both but Nick Cave means more to me.

I would not begrudge someone for preferring the stylings of Rhymin Simon

Good discourse baby.
    Put some respeck on my name

3. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #3
    I'm not even the biggest Nick Cave fan, but he's the easy choice a million times over here

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.

4. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #4
    i prefer nick cave but this girl makes a good case for simo

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    some good rapping (especially from Thomas Jefferson)

Originally Posted by zach12
    oh great top of the page

5. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #5
    Nick Cave. But Graceland is GOAT.

I saw the Avett Brothers at the airport yesterday but did not say hello.

6. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #6
    I gotta go with Simon for the overall influence/body of work/whatever

And just to comment on the original discussion that brought this up, I am in for Eaux Claires and not Nick Cave, although I do send my regards

7. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post starting "I gotta go with Simon for the overall..." #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBird11 View Post
    I gotta go with Simon for the overall influence/body of work/whatever

And just to comment on the original discussion that brought this up, I am in for Eaux Claires and not Nick Cave, although I do send my regards
    more like #wheaucaires

oh great top of the page

8. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #8
    That's a great festival lineup and everyone I know who went last year said it's a can't miss fest from an artistry/location perspective

9. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #9
    If we are including his work in Simon and Garfunkel it's Paul. If it's just solo material I would go with Nick Cave.

10. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #10
    can't believe i voted against my own name

What's the street date on that Whopperrito?

11. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "If we are including his work in Simon..." #11
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    If we are including his work in Simon and Garfunkel it's Paul. If it's just solo material I would go with Nick Cave.
    I, for one, didn't care for Nick Cave's work with Simon and Garfunkel at all

12. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #12
    "Do you know who I am??!!!!"

"Art Garfunkel?"

(storms out maroon faced)

True story!

Originally Posted by WretchedSkye2113
    if there's two things i know, it's butts and rock n roll

Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    I'd like to ban the use of the word "lit"

13. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #13
    Hurrah for cultural tourism!
    SEGALL/MOOTHART 2016

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    i was under the impression that UA himself was a phone app?

Originally Posted by Byrone
    Dude shut the fuck up about jackets all of you

14. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "If we are including his work in Simon..." #14
    Supreme Being
    This is a very reasonable opinion!

15. Posted in reply to concertgoer's post starting "If we are including his work in Simon..." #15
    I mean that's what I went on. Wonder if people are including The Birthday Party when considering Cave

16. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #16
    simon & garfunkle don't count

oh great top of the page

17. Posted in reply to Andrew_VB's post starting "simon & garfunkle don't count" #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_VB View Post
    simon & garfunkle don't count

18. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #18
    Supreme Being
    Paul Simon songs about drinking Gatorade- 1
    Nick Cave songs about drinking Gatorade- (?)

19. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #19
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Paul Simon is my favorite songwriter and he wrote my favorite song.

I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

20. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #20
    I saw Paul Simon last year. I saw Nick Cave at Lolla '94. Paul Simon was better.
    Was that meant as irony, post-irony, sincerity, sarcasm, or sudden realization?