Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paul Simon

14 40.00%
  • Nick Cave

21 60.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave

1. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #21
    Nick Cave is a live powerhouse

I haven't seen Paul Simon
    I like this thread because UA is routinely exposed as a fucking moron when it comes to the one thing in life he cares about.

Die.

2. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #22
    Paul Simon is the better choice in this scenario.
    11/9 - Nicolas Jaar | 11/14 - Seu Jorge Life Aquatic Sessions

3. Posted in reply to IAmScareMongering's post starting "Paul Simon is my favorite songwriter..." #23
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmScareMongering View Post
    Paul Simon is my favorite songwriter and he wrote my favorite song.
    Is it about Gatorade?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Originally Posted by alady
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    What is with edm and helmets/masks/giant anthropomorphic marshmallows

Originally Posted by Greg Nasty
    May this thread rot in hell. Amen.

4. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #24
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    p much a requirement to make my list

Originally Posted by zach12
    I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

5. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #25
    Lolla Groupie
    i like nick cave but paul simon is a pretty easy choice for me here

6. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #26
    Simon
    "My cat is a big Kings of Leon fan. She has horrible fucking taste in music."~wrecked
    "i hope symbionese is at this"~4rhino4wing
    "thomas kinkade. fuck that guy."~illiniemags
    "If Donna Summer and the postmaster general were both drowning, and I only had one lifejacket to throw to them, I'd throw it to Donna."~nanatod
    "none of those headliners are even words"~Andrew_VB

7. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #27
    Cave
    Official Lollaboard Bull

8. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #28
    In 2017 I gotta say Nick Cave.

That said I saw Paul Simon a few years back from the rail at the Vic and he was great.

Originally Posted by ten15SaturdayNight
    I do like lasers.

Originally Posted by Wyoming
    The one act I like - shit - shit - shit -shit -shit - shit - shit

9. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #29
    Supreme Being IAmScareMongering's Avatar
    Feel v fortunate I was able to get a ticket for that.

Originally Posted by zach12
    I THINK THE NEW VERSION IS WORSE THAN THE OTHER VERSION BTU I THINK VIC MENSA IS THE BEST PART OF BOTH VERSIONS AND I THNK JIMMY CARTER SHOULD BE ON THE SONG

10. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #30
    even tho nick cave once tried to kill me, he's still the easy choice for me here.

11. Posted in reply to genghisnyc's post starting "even tho nick cave once tried to kill..." #31
    Quote Originally Posted by genghisnyc View Post
    even tho nick cave once tried to kill me, he's still the easy choice for me here.
    Go on...

Originally Posted by Pulp
    SOMEONE DIRECT LINK ME. I CURRENTLY OWN $600-WORTH OF SUFJAN TICKETS. HE WILL FORGIVE ME.

12. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #32
    I like a few Paul Simon solo tracks, but I don't own any albums by him. Nick Cave gets my vote.
    As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart.

13. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #33
    I don't think I've ever gone out of my way for Paul so I will not vote.

Originally Posted by The Facts
    What does the girl think about Car Seat Headrest

Originally Posted by scoots
    "Neader's going to lasagna this girl he met at a Best Buy shopping for sound bars."

14. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #34
    I was maybe 17 when I realized Paul Simon was the guy from Simon & Garfunkel.

SOMEONE DIRECT LINK ME. I CURRENTLY OWN $600-WORTH OF SUFJAN TICKETS. HE WILL FORGIVE ME.

15. Posted in reply to Audiobully's post starting ""Do you know who I am??!!!!" "Art..." #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Audiobully View Post

"Art Garfunkel?"
    my boss has a funny art garfunkel story about meeting him in the early 70s at a pizza place in some small town in minnesota where garfunkel leaves his wallet behind and they find out he's staying at a motel nearby and take it to him, then garfunkel asks if they want to get high and he says no.

16. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #36
    I voted for Cave under the logic that Simon & Garfunkel stuff shouldn't count in this decision. But that's pretty silly since Simon wrote basically everything. Bad vote, hubbins.
    If Im going to be in the paper, Id at least like them to say I actually made it, even though I got in trouble and everything.

17. Posted in reply to Irving_Red's post starting "Go on..." #37
    Quote Originally Posted by genghisnyc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving_Red View Post
    Go on...
    i was standing in the front row with natureboy at the theater at madison square garden. nick was stalking around the stage, he swung his mic wire in a manner that literally tangled it around my neck, he kept walking. he quickly stopped walking and i untangled it from my neck. he continued to play an amazing show.

18. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #38
    Oh awesome, solid story. The man's committed to the performance. I thought maybe you did something to incur his wrath.

19. Posted in reply to MadBird11's post "Band Poll: Paul Simon v Nick Cave" #39
    Supreme Being
    I did a google search and Nick Cave has no songs about gatorade

20. Posted in reply to zach12's post starting "I did a google search and Nick Cave has..." #40
    Quote Originally Posted by zach12 View Post
    I did a google search and Nick Cave has no songs about gatorade
    Is it too late to change my vote?

Originally Posted by Andrew_VB
    at first i didn't "understand" reflektor but now i get that it's SpaghettiOs.